Thursday, March 3

Algonquin Wobblers



Just the other day I received a Algonquin wobbler from a friend over at lucky strike and It being a #2 Algonquin with a brook trout print was no random act.

 One afternoon while looking at the Lucky Strike web site I first noticed the Algonquin. Soon I was dreaming about those brook trout to large to live just on insects who turn to cannibalism.  Figuring that only the biggest specs would take the bait I immediately ran off searching the local tackle shops with no luck.

I emailed to ask Lucky Strike if they could send me one to try out and review for my blog they agreed and today I broke it out.

The #2 Algonquin wobbler with the EPQ brook trout printed pattern weights 2/5 oz and has a length of 2.75".



 The Algonquin comes standard with a treble hook from Mustad due to it being designed to cast or troll for lake trout and salmon. I replaced the treble with a #2 fine wire circle hook also from Mustad and some big night crawler for a tail.



A friend Josh and I had our 6 rods baited along side of another party with 3 lines of their own. Over 4 hours the Algonquin was used to land 12 brook trout while the other 8 rods with various tackle landed only 2. I didn't expect for the Algonquin to preform so well I was guessing maybe one real nice spec if I was lucky but 12 trout when nothing else traditional was producing...Fantastic!



I don't get paid to this or any other review so you will never read any nonsense or over endorsement. I simply like what I like and will use what ever I think will attract the trout.




For today it's the Algonquin making for a  memorable day's fishing and being responsible for this angler  feeling the bite with Lucky Strike.  To get a algonquin of your own go to http://www.luckystrikebaitworks.com/ till next time tight lines...FishinDan

1 comment:

  1. Very informative. Thanks for posting. Always like seeing the stomach contents...

    ReplyDelete