Thursday, May 5

Super-Gro Worm Bedding



When I first walked past Frabill's super-gro worm bedding I said to my self it couldn't work there's no way. I didn't doubt that worms would easily survive for a few days or a week but to keep indefinably with no odor's or feeding, well that's impossible...or is it?

 I have kept worms for years and have tried a variety of different bedding's. Compost, table scraps, Shredded newspaper and at least ten types of soil. All of witch pale in comparison to dried peat topped with a thick piece of sphagnum moss or a sod cut from the garden.

Peat soil comes with it's share of problems like having to feed the worms, not being able to easily identify and remove droppings and the bloody mess it leaves on my fingers that inevitably ends upon the arse of my jeans.

 Bearing these things in mind I gave in and purchased one two pound bundle of the super grow worm bedding then read the bag repeatedly on the drive home.

* Odorless
* Perfect pH-balanced environment
* Built in food source
* Earth friendly 100% biodegradable
* No mess just add water
* Dirt free to avoid that black gunk

Very impressive if the product does what it claims, I rushed to get it open ripping the corner and became enveloped in a cloud of lint like dust that grew and lingered while I filled a small glass aquarium with one half of the two pound package.

 Directions call for 1 1/2 quarts of non chlorinated water per pound of bedding but it took me a little over a gallon to get it good and moist. I started by adding 200 big worms and just under 100 baby's. I let it sit for a week and it still had no odor. Then I checked throughout the bedding to only find one dead worm also at the end of that job my hands were respectively clean and I became very impressed.



 I have now nearly 500 good sized worms and at least 200 baby's still in only one pound of bedding and all is well. Frabill states that each batch of bedding is good up to four weeks  with out any type of outside feeding so for just under sixty dollars I can have bait year round on the ready and I very much like that.

If you keep your own live bait or buy the small tubs at the local gas bar get some of this bedding. Switch your bait out of that old soggy dirt they come in and see them last the whole trip instead of turning to that snotty type gunk before day's end.

 The Frabill super-gro worm bedding is the best addition to my gear sense the circle hook. Thank you Frabill and as always tight lines...FishinDan

No comments:

Post a Comment